
Today is my dad's birthday and I have been spending all morning thinking about him. So I just wanted to share some of the things on why I love my dad so much. My dad has always been such a hard worker, when we were little he worked non stop at the farm helping my grandpa and then he was bishop for 7 or 8 years on top of it. He has been a spiritual guidance for me all my life. I have always wished I could have a portion of his testimony and knowledge in the gospel. I love listening to his talks at church and always walk away learning something new.
I learned how to work hard and to be determined in my goals from him. He always pushed me to think more deeply, to work hard and to be prepared for what tomorrow may bring. He was very patient with me and always someone I knew I could turn to and talk to regardless of what may be going on.
My dad has been a great grandpa to the kids. He has built them a big tree house with a slide and filled it with a lot of toys for the kids to play with. The kids love playing with him. Gabe is always talking about going to see Grandpa it dosent help that every time Gabe talks to him dad works him up about how he is going to go ride the 4 wheeler, the tractor, the lawn mower, the boat, all of Gabe's favorites.
I could go on some more and make him roll his eyes a little bit more, I'm sure. I have always looked up to him and will continue to always do so. He is an important influence on my life and someone I love very much.
Happy Birthday Dad




No comments:
Post a Comment