Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Catch Up

It has been a while since I have written anything and I am not sure what to write about so I will give you an update on how each of us is doing.

Jeff is doing great, he just got his grades for his two internet master classes he did this semester and passed them both. We were nervous about one of them so I am very excited to get reimbursed for them. We are really excited for the Christmas break and to have him home for a long stretch.

I am feeling like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make sure everything gets put together and tied together nice and neat for Christmas next week. I have all of the shopping done for the kids, I am so excited for them this year, I found perfect gifts for them and they all came in under budget! Added bonus!! I helps that we only have one car and I am forced to stay home and really think about what I really want to do and how to get it done as cheap as possible. After wearing the cardioligy monitor for a month they got the results in and said that the results are good and there is nothing to be concerned about. So that is good news.

Kelsi is doing really well in school. She has moved onto the third set of books for her reading books, she has really enjoyed being back to school after she came back on track. She has lost her front tooth and it makes me smile to see that toothless grin or a big bite of the apple still left on where the tooth is missing. She is such an excitable girl and ready to help out whereever she can which is a great thing. We got the orthotics for Kelsi's feet and she says that her feet dont hurt when she walks anymore, We are really hoping this will help correct her feet and make things easier for her. The podiatrist said it would even make her run faster, if that is possible.

Gabe keeps trucking along. He is doing really well, he has such a fun, easy going, loving personality. Every day he comes up to me or Jeff to tell us that I am pretty or that I am a good mom or that he loves me. And to Jeff that he is a strong dad or the best dad ever. He is such a sweet kid. He is interesting to take on walks now a days, he loves to walk the less traveled path, and is always in the snow banks, in the gutter and wet from the waist down. As Grandma Flint found out when she took him on a walk a few weeks ago when he needs to take care of businness on a walk he does, why by shy?

Victoria is doing great. She has learned to crawl and is into everything, she loves following her siblings around and trys her best to keep up with them all ready. She is calming down quite a bit as well. Her high was Thanksgiving weekend when she was passing out 5 times a day, she has backed it back to once a day or every other day. I talked to the dr about these and he called them "holding breath spells" real scientific. Anyways he said they can last until she is 2 years old when her respiratory system gets more mature and wont let her hold her breath that long anymore. So hopefully it wont take that long! She has an infectious smile and giggle. The one thing about Tory is she gives 100% into everything she does, she makes me smile every day. I love that little girl.

I hope you are all feeling the meaning of Christmas this year and enjoying the opportunity to have Christ in your lives more. It is amazing the feelings of peace it brings to your home. Jeff had to talk on Sunday in church and it was on Mary and Joseph. We did not know a lot about them except for the stuff you normally here in the nativity story and there is some amazing things written about them in Jesus the Christ and a talk on LDS.org called Jospeh and Mary about them. If you get a chance trying reading them. You will have a newfound apprecication for them and the Christ child this season.

This is a family picture that Dad and Mom Flint took of us for their family letter and I thought it was a great picture.


4 comments:

Sharrard Family said...

I am so glad that everyone is doing good! I sure get a kick out of Gabe. I love the whole when you gotta go... go. :) *giggle* You have some wonderful kids and you do such a good job being a Mom. Merry Christmas!!

*A* said...

That was a very nice family letter! I'm glad you all are doing well. I'm ready for the new yr. I've got a lot of goals set and I want to make sure everyone of them get crossed off! I wish we lived close, so you could show me how to make those fabulous bows! They are sooooo awesome. Every now and then I REALLY miss your cooking! You were always so good at it. I love for you to take care of me one weekend:) Merry Chistmas! Love ya!

The Dipo's said...

That's great that there isn't anything wrong with your heart. Is your heart still racing though? I hope not, but you didn't say. You sure had Grandma freaked out with Tori over Thanksgiving! lol! I don't think she has ever heard of babies doing that! I love your new picture!

Bonnie said...

It was good to read the updates, I passed the news on to the hubby, I might not have gotten it, or I haven't been up to speed but were you having heart problems? Well, love youguys!