We had our mini staycation this week. It has been a lot of fun. We went to a Wyndham Sales pitch a couple of months ago and got a free 2 night hotel stay at Heber City and a $100 gift card to Olive Garden. So we thought we would go up and have some fun in Park City.....wrong..... The hotel that Wyndham set us up in was the crummiest hotel I have ever seen in my life. We were afraid to let the children touch anything! There was half way patched up holes in the wall, rusted over vents, the smell I dont want to even come close to describing... needless to say we walked in turned around and walked right back out... Never again Wyndham that sealed your fate! But the $100 gift card was nice, we got a really nice dinner together as a family. We coached, begged and threatned the kids as were going into Olive Garden to please behave and for the most part they did pretty good. Until the end of the meal when they started to get anxy. This is when Kelsi pushed over her chair into the table behind us, knocked her over and landed upside down under their table. The poor elderly couple behind us jumped about 5 feet, I was afraid of heartatacks. Terrible, but really funny once we got away. So since Jeff took 2 days off we decided to do a lot of fun things at home. To make up for not staying at the hotel we let the kids have a sleepover in our room and we stayed up watching goofy cartoons. The next day we went to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. The pictures below are all from there. We had a lot of fun there. Such a fun place. There was so many fun things for the kids to do, so many hands on stations and dress up clothes for each area, China, Great Britian, Mexico, Medieveil times, ect ect. Plus of course the big tree house and drum room. We then came home and watched a movie together, well until we decided to put one on upstairs for them since we were missing all the jokes, by the way, Get Smart was so funny! Today we have been playing at the pool and gag went to McDonalds to let the kids play around there. The kids have had a very fun couple of days, I am worn out and not looking forward to detox tomorrow and Jeff going back to work. I love it when he is home with us. It has been a really nice break from our normal activites even if we did not get to go anywhere different.

Kelsi the firewomen

Mrs President

He would not leave these trains, everytime we turned around he was back at the trains.

Dunce

Our brave knight

Her knight in shinning armor

The court jester
5 comments:
LOL that stinks. Did you call the and complain about the hotel? The pics of the kids are awesome. It looks like it would be a fun place to go see. I'm glad you guys were able to have some other fun stuff to do!
The last time I went to the Treehouse Museum was when I went there with Jolene and Nicol and Justin when they lived in Ogden. That was a long time ago... I should take the kids.
Yes you should take the kids it was a lot of fun and very well done.
No I did not call Wyndham, I did send in their survey and told them about the place. But we had a lot of fun home.
That is awful about Wyndam! Sheldon and I had a similar experience with them last year.... needless to say we were very angry people at them. :(
I am really glad you had a lot of fun other wise! I love the pics of the kids! Tori is getting soo cute I just love her smile! :)
What a weekend!! That place looks really fun, we will have to go sometime!
Post a Comment