Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Randomish

Here is a bunch of random things all thrown together in one post.

Kelsi decided to tell us jokes the other day, it is funny how they come up with these things, here is a couple of her jokes.

Dad why was there only one car at the gas station? Cuz it was a girl car
Dad how come the flag was at the top of the post? Cuz it was watching the shapes in the clouds.
Dad how come Batman saved the kitty in the tree? Cuz he wanted to
Dad why did the car jump over the house? To play with the dog in the backyard
Dad why did the horse run over to his owner? Cuz it wanted to go on a horse ride
Dad why did the cereal get eaten up magically? Cuz the mouse ate it up

Crazy kids

She also wrote down a note to me dictated from Gabe... I love the way she is spelling and sounding out things. This note is in regards to the Batman Lego Game I mentioned earlier:

I Like thes - but I like the batman gam sow let me pla it naw mom and dad

Gabe had fun with his cousin on Saturday evening. My cousin Amanda came over to have dinner and play games with us... by the way kicked our can at Scene It Seinfeld, but we got them back with Scene It Harry Potter. Gabe took to Noah really well and had a lot of fun with him until Noah came downstairs because Gabe wacked him on the hand with a drum stick. When we were talking about it to him later Jeff said Gabe do you want me to hit you with this drum stick, holding the orange drumstick and he said no I did not hit him with that. So Jeff sits it down confused on what happened and picks up the yellow drumstick and Gabe announed oh yea I hit him with that one. After we got that taken care of they seem to have a lot of fun together. Gabe is asking where Noah is now.... hopefully he wont be to scared of Gabe and come back and play some time... I promise our kids should know better!

Other randomnish is an update on Tory, she is on Keppra right now which is an anti convulsive medication and it seems to be helping, she is a much happier baby and seems to be doing pretty good on it. The seizures have not stopped however, even on the medication. They are happening a lot less but are still happening, usually revolving around being hurt. AKA teeting has a new level at our house... so when she does have a seizure now they are longer, more intense and more draining on her. I talked to the neurologist again and they are concerned that she is still having them so we are taking her in for an MRI at the end of the month. Which I am relieved about, I have heard a few to many horror stories on if we had only done that test we could have caught this problem. Plus I know that anti convulsive are a good treatment for a number of different things, however we and the neurologist are wondering if we are treating an underlying neurological disorder since she has responded to the medication. So I guess more updates on that at the end of the month when we do the MRI

Tory is also almost standing on her own, she can do it for probably a few seconds until she realizes what she is doing and plops back down. I also just caught her climbing up the stairs and had to save her this morning from herself as she pulled a bowl of cereal milk on her head. She is definitly moving into the will mess up everything in your house stage.

We have a couple of birthdays this week, Gabriel turns four on Thursday and is having a Batman birthday and Tory is turning one on Saturday. Man times flies bye.

Anyways time to go my demanding little one is tired of her graham cracker and wants her attention or to go get into another mess which ever comes first.

6 comments:

The Luthy Life said...

Kelsi is going to be the next female Brian Regan. Those jokes made absolutely no sense, but that's what makes them so funny. I love reading your blog. You always have the funniest stories. I am glad that Tori is doing better. I hope that the drs. can get to the bottom of this and find a treatment that will stop the seizures. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

The Dipo's said...

Of course we'll come back!! Noah says he wants to wear the batman pajamas..... :o)

Bonnie said...

such cute jokes! I hope the MRI helps them find something for Tory! Glenn used to throw drumsticks at me, I think Jeff asked him how he would feel if someone threw one at him. I think it was preparing him for fatherhood...

Anonymous said...

So much fun to read your blog! Lexi and Kelsi are so much fun to listen to when they are together cause they both tell those kinds of jokes and as parents you just have to laugh at them. Good luck with Tory. We are swill praying for her here. Let me know if you need anything

Wunda Girl said...

my fav was the horse joke. I chuckled out loud to myself.
That's so frustrating about Tori. You must be exhausted. Please keep updating... I follow what's going on with her and keep praying for you guys. Is she on phenobarbitol???

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Ang-- Thanks, no she is only on the Keppra right now and we are worried its not working anymore, she had 3 seizures yesterday!