Friday, September 26, 2008

Like Father Like Son

Jeff is a complete t-shirts and jeans guy... he hates button up shirts or dressing up at all if he can help it... When he comes home from work he doesn't feel like he is done with work until he can get into his trusty t-shirt and jeans. When we were first married it was almost painful for him to put on a polo shirt or a button up shirt unless we were going to church... well irronically enough he passed this down to Gabe. I have tried hard to break the link I have been putting Gabe in button shirts since he was born, lots of fun shirts. For example he has a cute scooby doo shirt, which is normally his favorite character, but he wont wear it because it has buttons. But lately he has decided to go to the dark side. The other day he took it to the next level. I was picking up the toy room and I found a ton of buttons and I could not figure out where in the world all those buttons came from, well guess what I found next time I folded clothes. That's right a button up hawaiian shirt with all the buttons cut off. He must have found the kids scissors and decided to take matters into his own hands. I wish he would have just taken the shirt off! Of course Jeff thought it was hillarious and Jeff's parenting rule # 1, if its funny they dont need to get in trouble. Guess I better stock up on t-shirts now or have a lot of thread and needles in stock.

2 comments:

The Dipo's said...

That is hilarious!! Love little Gabe!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Gabe!! Good parenting Jeff! You are the man!