Here is the latest on Tory. I just got off the phone with the neurologist and this is what he had to say: We are canceling the MRI, we dont feel it is necessary to go through with it. I am also taking her off the benadryl, all it does is make her hyper and not take naps, which leads to grouchy and tired Tory which leads to more passing out. We were debating on putting her on atrapin (sp) for awhile, it was suppose to increase the blood flow to help Tory with the passing out, but the neuroligst did research on it last night and it has to be exact and could be lethal if given incorrectly and has not been proven to be effective. So we are not going to be putting her on that medicine.
What lies ahead: I am going to take Tory to her pediatrcian and get her iron levels checked to see if they are back to normal. We will be seeing a cardiologist within a week and a half (hopefully) and they are going to take it from here. She will probably wear a holter heart monitor to record what her heart does during theese breath holding spells. It sounds like things are leading back to her heart and hopefully the cardiology department will have some more answers for us.
We are concerned that she is not been really responisive to the normal treatments for breath holding and the frequency that she has these episodes. Hopefully the cardiology department will give us some more answers!
Dad's 39th Birthday
9 years ago




5 comments:
Wow. All this must be difficult. We are keeping you in our prayers. When things get a little more resolved we need to come up and check on youguys. Love ya.
Poor Girl! I'm so sorry! Hopefully within a few more weeks, they'll be able to help her out. This has got to be tough, I'm here if you need me.
We are still praying for her here too. I'm always available if you need anything
We are still praying for you and your family. We hope things get better.
Wow Sarah. My heart goes out to you in dealing with Tory's issues. I'm sure it's extremely stressful and frustrating. My husband's a Chiropractor and there's a lot of miracles that come from Chiropractic. If medical tests don't show anything you may want to find a Chiropractor who deals with children. We see quite a few children in our practice with amazing results. The spine holds the nervous system which is the life force for every part an organ in the body. It's not invasive and miraculous at times. Good luck to you and thanks for finding me and getting in touch!
Post a Comment