Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on Tory

Thank you all so much for your fasting, prayers and thoughts for Tory. I have definitly felt them and feel more comforted knowing we have so many people around to help.
Tory has been having seizures lately. Her two episodes this week both happened after her breath holding spells. We have seen a Nerologist at Primary Childrens and we are working with them to determine a cause. We did a bunch of tests on Friday and I got the results from those this morning. She had an EKG, and EEG and some iron studies. The iron studies came back low, which we knew they would and the EEG came back normal. So the neuroligst think that these seizures are happening due to a lack of oxygen to her brain during her breath holding spells. So we are now working on trying to find a way to stop her breath holding. We are doing iron supplements which are suppose to get her iron levels back to normal and are somehow linked with blood being pumped to her brain faster. We are seeing a cardiologist at Primary Childrens to see if there is anything wrong with her heart to help blood / oxygen get to her brain faster. We are also putting her on a steady dose of Infant Benadryl, which is somehow linked to improving the breath holding (?)
I am also scheduling an MRI to make sure there is not an abnomality in her brain and she is not one of those under 5% that have a seizure disorder that did not show up on the other tests. Depenedent on what the neurologist thinks on thursday after Tory has been on the bendaryl will determine if she will go through with the MRI, but we will have the appointment at least set up if she determines it necessary.
So I am petrified right now of Tory holding her breath and getting to upset. She passed out 3 times yesterday. It is very comforting to know that her tests came back normal and that there is a good chance she dosent have a seizure disorder and she is in no immediate danger. We will keep plugging along and try to find answers and what ever we do dont upset Tory!

7 comments:

Amber said...

That is good to hear. We are still praying for her and Lexi is praying to Heavenly Father that Tory can feel better she says. Keep us posted and still let me know if I can do anything. We love you guys and give Tory a hug for us

Unknown said...

We're still praying for her too, and for you and Jeff that you can get through this. It's got to be so scary for you! Give her a big hug and kiss for us!

Bonnie said...

That is great to hear that she probably doesn't have seizure disorder! I hope the best for you, it has got to be so hard and scary for a mom!

The Dipo's said...

That's a brain load! I don't know how you guys are keeping it all straight, but if you need help with watching the other kids while you take Tory to the doctor, let me know.

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

Thanks guys I really apprecitate it, I dont think I have been so stressed out or scared in my entire life. I am a basket case. She had another one last night. I guess its the mom in my but I want an answer and I want to know how to make it stop. We are all walking on egg shells and spoling Tory to death just to avoid anything that could possibly upset her, but its always little things that set her off... like last night, it was because I changed her diaper. I hope we can figure it out soon because I am a wreck!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Oh my gosh..that is sooo scary. I will keep you guys in my prayers. You must have been so scared. Oh, sarah, I so sorry to hear this

Amie said...

Oh my goodness~ YOU GUUUUYS!!

Not fun. Not fun stuff at ALL.

YOu know, Phillip's mom told me how one of her son's would pass out all the time from holding his breath, and they just let him pass out because once he was out he'd start breathing normally.

But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I FEEL for you and for your family, and for little Tory.

Gosh dangit! We'll be praying for you! Let us know what they tests say, K?